Friday, June 24, 2011

Thanks for your Prayers



I read an interesting article in the Free Press this morning regarding prayer in schools and how some school divisions are skirting some of the rules related to this activity. 

I find it interesting to observe people's reaction to this.  In a supposed age of tolerance and acceptance I find it peculiar that those who believe in a higher being are treated as uneducated simpletons who are unsophisticated throwbacks from the dark ages.

It made me chuckle a little bit as I recalled an old bumper sticker that says "As long as there are tests...there will be prayer in schools." 

When we were in hospital with Russell in Edmonton.  The topic of prayer and miracles came up a lot.  There were so many people who told us they were praying for Russell and our family.  It was particularly interesting to hear that comment from people that I had no idea had a belief in God or prayer.  Many have referred to Russell as our miracle baby.  I will tell you first hand, that there is nothing that has happened to Russell that cannot be explained by science.  On the other hand, when you start noting all of the coincidences and circumstances that had to occur for Russell to survive you then begin to think that this all could not happen by mere chance.  The list of events which had to take place for Russell, is lengthy and remarkable.  This is where I contend that this is no chance occurrence but part of a master plan. 

So, should there be prayer in schools?  News Flash...there already is and always will be.  I don't think that will ever change.  I really don't think that is the issue.  My belief is that there is an element in society that does not want children exposed to any opinion other than their own or whatever happens to be politically correct at this moment in time.  The problem with political correctness is that it changes from one moment to the next...you need a scorecard to keep up.  From personal experience when your child is sick or possibly dying in ICU political correctness goes out the window pretty quickly.  That's when you find out what is truly important.

For all of those who prayed for us and continue to do so....Thanks.  We believe it has made a huge difference.  Both Susan and I have felt so supported through people's prayers.  For those who are atheists and do not believe in God or prayer...that's fine with us too.  If you want to support us...I have an easy solution...send cash!
http://www.winnipegfreepress.com/breakingnews/schools-ignore-prayer-rules-124478269.html

No comments:

Post a Comment