Friday, June 3, 2011

Strike!!!!!

Everybody loves a parade!

That's what was greeting me this morning as I arrived at work this morning at 266 Graham.  So off to Tim's I went.  I made a shocking discovery.  The lineup at Tim's seemed a lot more intimidating than crossing the picket line.  I quickly bolted from the ludicrous lineup at Tim's and scooted off to Robin's where they were waiting with my large double double. 

Since I am within earshot of the picket line from where I sit...I can hear some of the commotion going on below.  It's all fairly tame except about 15 mins ago they fired up the music.  Let's just say I'm not a huge country music fan! 

I was extremely shocked to read the Winnipeg Free Press this morning.  They had the gratuitous Postal Strike story...but what took me off guard were all of the comments from readers.  Usually you get a few wingnuts spouting off about whatever enters their brain and I don't pay a lot of attention to it.  This morning I was really surprised to see almost unanimously how the general public feels the postal system is NOT an essential service and the strike will have little to no effect on them.  Out of 50 or so comments I think only 1 or 2 had any pro-union sentiment. 

My fear is that CUPW and CPC have played a huge game of high stakes "chicken" and both may lose.  There are lots of changes happening at Canada Post...I think a lot more are coming.  Next stop...Workopolis????

No comments:

Post a Comment