Sunday, February 13, 2011

It's not all about me!

In light of all of the events of the last week and the last two years you would think it would be easy to be self-absorbed in what is going on in your own life and I think most people would understand.  The one thing I have to say is that we have been constantly reminded that there are lots of people out there who have it tougher than we do and in spite of all of the negativity there are lots of good things happenning as well. 

Just a few minutes ago I found out that my cousin had passed after a lengthy battle with cancer and also another family friend had passed this week also having battling an amazing battle with cancer.  Yes...we aren't the only ones who have challenges in our life.  Both of these people were very supportive of our family while we were in Edmonton with many words of encouragement.

Probably about the 100th time i've been reminded to be thankful. 

No comments:

Post a Comment