Tuesday, June 7, 2016

We Have a Date

What started out as an idle conversation in early December has now come to fruition.  Susan has been booked for open heart surgery in Edmonton at the Mazankowski Heart Institute.  Her big day is August 3rd.

For some background on her condition and what her surgery will entail, feel free to follow the link provided here:

What is Hypertrophic Obstructive Cardiomyopathy

As I have shared with several people this is both good and bad news.  Good in the sense that some action is taking place and our team seems to think it will help Susan out.  Bad news is that this is effectively still two months away.  That is a long time.

I am sure there will be considerable whining in the next few blog posts...so I will leave that for another time.

I found this the other day.  A Biblical reference for cardiac patients on wait lists...who knew?

I would have lost heart, unless I had believed that  I would see the goodness of the Lord in the land of the living; Be of good courage, and He shall strengthen your heart: Wait, I say, on the Lord
 - Psalm 27: 13,14 NKJV

No comments:

Post a Comment